Come along and tryout for a part. Full scripts can be booked out from Fred Holdworths book shop.
Performances will take place from the 29th October 2013 for 5 nights
Terry Loves Gill. Gill loved Terry but now their marriage is very different. They both worry about their teenage son, Scott. But why Gill's sudden interest in Spiritualism? What else is bothering her? And what can Terry do about this newcomer, Dennis? A tale of Love, Loss and Friendship.
The Cast List
- Male early to mid forties, easy going, quick witted
- His wife. Female late thirties, fragile lonely
- Their teenage son, surly, quiet
- Their neighbour, Female, thirty- fifty nosey but kind hearted
- Terry’s older Male friend, level headed, almost avuncular
- Male, Thirties or forties charming Good looking, subtly shifty
- MAGENTA BLACK
- Female middle aged theatrical, eccentric
- Her daughter, strange, Clairvoyant ?
- T.V. ANNOUNCER
- A male or female off stage voice
- AUTHORS NOTE
The magic in this play is the twist at the beginning of Act 1 Scene 1 when the audience is let into the secret that the man they have been watching on stage is in fact dead and cannot be seen or heard by those around him. The story then develops into an emotional rollercoaster of laughter and tears as the deceased Terry desperately tries to help his widow Gill out of a difficult situation. This play has been described as a gift for performers and audiences alike.